Monday, February 1, 2010

Cottage Make Overs~~~Simple Charm~~~

The Bedroom is White, Stark White....far out of my comfort zone. But with the infusion of Green I am comfortable.  I don't feel like it is too sterile, I know that it is a comfortable room.  Full of cheer and charm.

By using the architectural details of the house and expounding on them, the room has ample storage.  The closet is very usable but so is the ledge it's shape has created. Perfect for art.



The Chandelier gives the room a piece of jewelry.  Just enough.  Other wise this Cottage retreat uses it's very simple Beauty.  The Mix of Fabrics provide the Texture and the Basic Painted Floors Ground the entire Room.    Simply Lovely





This was my color palette.  The chandelier was a 1980's Brass, spray painted white and add embellishments.  The Bed is a 1970's Faux Bamboo, again painted White.  All the fabrics and Art Pottery are in this family of Green.
The Before Piece needed a good Cleaning, Sanding, Painting and Waxing.







The After is a Cottage Chest with Contemporary Flair. In Timeless Black.








Great Basic Kitchen.  Really didn't change the lay out, just modified the functionality of the Kitchen.  This is a Fabulous Farm Table, altered just enough to create the Perfect Island.  Everything in this Kitchen is designed around practical everyday things.  Still keeping the Simple Cottage Beauty.










This Kitchen adds the drama of COCOA. The Glorious Brown Transfer ware and a Few Roosters, But with the Simple White Cabinetry.  The Floors are Porcelain in Chocolate.  Just a few upgrades on the appliances, nothing structural. Simple Changes to help with the flow.








 Maybe my favorite Cottage Nest. The exposed Ceiling is Simple but so full of Drama.  The Cabinetry is Simple, Open, Timeless...but pay close attention to detail.  She wanted The Ocean inside this Cottage. So, the Floor offers her Sea Breeze and Ocean through Poured Polished Concrete.





So much can be done with very little.  Everyone's taste varies but, these were a few projects I thought you all might enjoy.  Simple Changes with a Wow Impact.
If you are interested in any of these projects, just contact me via my email designwithk@yahoo.com and I will be able to give you an idea of how I achieved the over all room and the budget. 

I will be happy to help with any project, large or small.  I love to make things Pretty!.  I can help you find your style!

Take Care and Stay in Touch!

Kay

No comments: