Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Labor Day....Whew.. Finally Fall is Just Around the Corner.....

Hi Everyone!!  Happy Wednesday....Hump Day or Almost Labor Day!!!  I missed the blog, we have been busy with the house and moving my youngest home. He hasn't lived at home since he was 17.  We are so happy to have him home with us.  He is a big help, worked a lot of his summer with Thomas on the demolition of the house.  I am not sure if you all know that I have not felt well for a while and the doctors tell me I need to take it easy.  I have every assurance that I will be fine...just might take a little time. With all that said, Mitchell came home to help us finish the house and to help me.  His major is Physiology and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have him with me at the doctor appointments.  He understands the language and helps me to understand.  So, I couldn't be more proud that my baby is home with me!!

Now....I have a few things to offer...and some progress on the house!!  It may not look like a lot to the outside world but we have made lots of progress.  The kitchen cabinets are being built as I type.  The walls have been sanded, the ceilings have been sanded.  All the dry wall is up.  The ceilings have been scraped and ready to be painted. So many cosmetic things are about to start this weekend.  Painting, crown, trim.  The wood will go in next week and then we will stain the dining room and the kitchen.  Then I will do the diamond painting  on the floor of the kitchen.   Thomas has a few things left on the finishing aspects of the Kitchen Island and Hood....I am excited.

Let's start with the things I have to offer for sale and then on to the few photos I have of the house....

The Lovely 1940's Leather Top Table is on the Original Casters and the gold Detailing around the Leather is still perfect!!  The Leather has a few mars that only provide MORE character.  It is all solid wood with wonderful dove tailed drawers.  All Original Hardware!!  Actually is appears to be 2 drawers but it is just one really big drawer...a few more shots of the table
Great Workmanship of the 1940's Fine Furnishings!!
The Gold Detailing is all perfect!!

Lovely Details on the Legs and Original Casters!

Detailed workmanship on the front...classic style.  Simply Beautiful
$45.00

The Crystal Candlestick is Cut...and Stunning!
Lovely Details...mix and match with other crystal or silver.  I love to add a few pottery pieces to the mix!! $8.00.

I have a Great Set of 4 Bent wood Chairs with Leather Seats.  All Original and in Wonderful Condition.  These could be sanded lightly and stained darker....painted...recovered or simply oiled and used!!!  Many options for your lifestyle!
Oak....
All the Seats are in Really Good Condition...no stains or tears!
Even the base is Bentwood....$50.00 for the set of 4 Vintage Bentwood Chairs.
I have a large Custom made Bedding set.  The set is a Beautiful Floral Print with a Accent fabric of a Polka dot.  The colors are a pale Linen, Dusty Purple, Rusty Red, Sage Green, Pale Yellow/Gold and Pink.  The Two Fabrics play off each other well!

This is a a large set which consists of....

1.) Dust Skirt is in a Tight Gather and is in the Polka  Dot Fabric
2.) Pair of Standard Shams 18 1/2 x 30 each Print with the Polka Dot Welted Border
3.) Sham with Ruffle . Ruffle is the Dot and a Piece of the Dot Fabric in the center 24 1/2 x 35 1/2 (ruffle included)
4.) Small Sham in Floral with the dot as a border 13x 13 square.
5.) Lined Drapes. Each Panel is the Floral with the Dot Fabric for the Rod Pocket. 4 Panels each Measure 78 1/2 L x 50 W (each has a 4" hem)

All is freshly Laundered. Presses Easily,  No Coverlet.... I have used Rusty Red and Sage Green as the spread or coverlet    $50


Drapes

Body of the Drapes
A little closer view of the Pattern
Another...
One of the Decorative Shams...great Set for the Price

Bed skirt fits a Full or Queen
Too Cute Vintage Shabby 1950's Telephone Table
Just chippy Enough!
 Great Legs $20.00
Pair of Pewter Candlesticks with a Fluted Top and Great Fish Details
Great for a Table, as an accent in any room!
The Fluted top is really unique!  The set is $15.00
 A great Wooden Bowl...I have used it as a catch all and just don't need it.  The price tag of 16.99 from T J Maxx is still on the bottom
Works Great for Fruit...$8.00
 4 Vintage Pillow Cases with Hand Stitching.  I was going to make something...never got around to it!!
Vibrant colors...Need to be Tea Stained or use a color bleach.  There are a few spots.
The 2 sets are $5.00

Ok..now on to the progress in the house....

We found 4 Vintage Fluted columns and they have been installed.  Looked at larger ones but the Cottage style just did not feel like anything larger.  We will paint the columns white and the shutters black.  Have a Gorgeous Door for the front...Original to the house with glass.  It will also be black with a brushed chrome kick plate and numbers.  Also a Black Porch swing and rockers.  I will put the punch of color in the accessories and cushions on the porch.  I think you will like it.
Maybe you can see a little more detail on the columns.  The complete door area will be removed.  Thomas is building the sidelights and above the door will be replaced with stained glass.

This is the kitchen ready for cabinet and paint.  The floor is a 3/4 inch stain grade tongue and groove.  If your budget will not handle new hardwoods, this can be done for the same cost as a laminate.  I know they will be beautiful when I am finished.  These floors will extend through the Kitchen, Dining Room and Foyer.
Do you remember this wall in the dining room?  It separated the foyer and had a slight curve to it????
Here it is now...It opens up the space and provides so much more natural light.  You will be able to see into the Dining Room but still have some separation.  The Beautiful Door will show as well as the Stained Glass.

Thomas is scraping the ceilings.  The tool is called a knock down tool.  We found the easiest way to do this is to use a regular roller and water and roll the ceiling wait a couple of minutes and scape them clean.  You may have to use a little drywall mud here and there but no more popcorn and ready for paint!
 Shows the process a little better.  You can tell where he has been and the effect.

This is my bedroom.  You can see the curve of the wall.  That is what was in the dining room.  Wish I had thought of taking it out as well....oh well.  Thomas says he will not tear out the dry wall.  I think last post I showed you the termite damage.  So everything has been taped and mudded..sanded...repeated and we are now ready for paint.  Next post will show leaps and bounds.  But...you will have to wait for the next post.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all your emails.  I do feel a little better and know that I will continue to improve.

Remember you can have a Warm, Wonderful Welcoming home without breaking the bank...I can help!!!

I love your Feedback....leave me some!!!!

Take Care....Stay Cool and remember Fall is just around the corner!!

If you are looking for something, let me know....chances are I have it or know where you might find it!!

Talk to you Soon...
K






3 comments:

notconcerned said...

Needs more pics of the cat, Mr. Hedley.

Juliette Samuel said...

I'm glad Fall is here too! This is one of my favorite times of the year. Beautiful stuff you have for sale as well.

Juliette Samuel

Wiregrass Outdoors said...

Really nice pictures! I love antiques. =)