Thursday, May 12, 2011

Just one of many projects....

I am so sorry it has been so long...I have been remiss in not keeping in touch.  I have had my plate really full!  I am juggling 3 VERY large projects and 2 not so small....then throw in a staging job here and there and the endless shopping, well suffice to say that I don't have much free time.  But I am not complaining, I love every minute of my work.  It is so fulfilling, wonderful to see a project from beginning to end!  The Finished Home Full of Life!!  I love it!!  I have been so lucky to be able to work with wonderful clients....I become so close to the family.  One of my clients has 2 adorable children and I miss them when I am at someone else home!  My family began to ask me if I had new babies!!   
This is one of my helpers, Thomas, his specialty is measuring!!  And he is great with Rugs as well.
Lillie Loves Fabrics!  She also helps with the placement of things around the room!
This is what my desk or dining room table normally looks like when I am in the middle of a project!  Lots of paperwork, but that is the solution (for me) to make sure everything is done the way my client wants.  And I have to tell you all once again Debbie does all my sewing and she is the very best!  This was actually Mother's Day and getting some projects ready to go to her.  We work all the time...but it is wonderful when you see the finished results.
This is my newest assistant...ShyAnne, on a recent Trip to Atlanta to purchase just the right fabric.  Of course her choice and mine were a little different.  After the Whirlwind Shopping Trip she told me that she was pulling samples for her New York Apartment!!  She has already made her mind up...no stopping her (she is my grand daughter after all).  You can always have dreams.  I think she will be a wonderful designer!
I think this may have been her favorite!!  And her American Doll matches so what more do you need??
This is another big project, 3 bedrooms..all with different tastes.  Remember, it is not my taste...I just guide.  Your home is where YOU live, where you are comfortable...I just help you reach your goals.
I think these are winners, Hannah is 21.  I am doing a room in her parent's home that she can always feel comfortable in, but with her mom's classic taste.  This will be a gorgeous room for a gorgeous young woman.  Happy 21st Hannah!!
Now...Lydia is a different story.  11...she still needs fun...but we need to make sure this room will grow with her.  I think we will find a classic fabric for the drapery and some accents. Then throw in some fun fabrics in pillows and seat covers..add a few French Painted Pieces and maybe some Transferware to give the room the sophistication she wants.  Not Paris apartment...no, Classic French with a Twist.  I found the sweetest Bombay for bedside her bed, a Chest on Chest with the Beautiful Cabriolet Legs and accents on the doors of wire.  This will be a bedroom she can love for years.  And when she needs a refresher...just pull some of the accent fabric covered pieces and tone the room down .  I try to make sure a client can live for years with what I do.  I love going back and helping to add things here and there but, I want my clients to be comfortable.  This project will be finished in June and I will have before and after photos.  Her mom says it would be ok to share with you all.
I just had to show you all this Gorgeous piece!  About 150 years old.  I wanted it to work in our room..but when we chose the rug and the fabrics...it was just not the right color.  But, it is at The Antique Attic.  Mary Alice, Warren and Mark are wonderful to let me pull things and try them in my clients homes.  They make my job easy!  Tell them Hi when you visit.  You need to plan on being there a while and understand that you still will not see everything in one day!!
Another of my helpers...Mr Hedley.  He helps me when I am on the Laptop, he keeps my lap warm.
This is how we finished our recent shopping trip to Atlanta, Shy loved the bakery on the square in Marietta.  Yummy!!

 I am going to take this weekend to pull some things and post them for Sale.  So stay tuned.  I have the cutest table for 4, I also have 4 chairs..a small antique chest and lots of accessories and goodies left over from my projects.  Several clients have things they are selling as well.  I have 2 matching arm chairs that are extremely nice.  They would be great in a foyer, a Master Suite or as End chairs at your Dining Room Table.  Everything will be priced to sell as I always do.  It won't last long, so Saturday is when I plan to post and sell this weekend.  I will be back at work on Monday.

Have a great rest of the week.   Leave me a comment.  Send me an email at designwithk@yahoo.com, call or text at 334-790-6507.

Remember you can have a Warm and Welcoming Home Without Spending a Ton, I can Help!!!

Take Care!
K






No comments: