Thursday, April 15, 2010

My New Project!! What Do You Think???

My new project is completed!!  I love it and hope you do too!  It is a Vintage Door all Solid Wood, Wonderful old Bed Post with oodles of detail and solid wood shelves.  Even the Brackets that hold the top shelf have Wonderful Details.
Vanilla Distressed Finish really works well on the Raised Panels and Details of the Door!!
The Top Shelf sits nicely between the sections of the door.  This shelf measures 32 inches in width, and 8 inched in depth.
The brackets are so sweet...lots of charm in this piece!!
I kept the peek hole, the old brass lock and door handle...even the kick plate.  Do you think I should put the house number back on the door?  It is 131...but I can do those numbers in what ever sequence you want.  I thought leaving the actual hardware of the door added just a little more charm.
An old 4 poster bed provided the legs.  Lots of carvings...really provides such contrast!!   See the kick plate??

Another look at the legs from a different angle.
The Door handle is just under the second shelf or ledge.  The shelf measures 14 1/2 inches in depth, and 35 inches in width.

The bottom shelf measures 10 inches in width and 3 4 1/2 inches in width.

The entire piece stands 79 1/8 inches .
36 inches in width
Overall depth is 15 3/4

This is a large detailed piece priced at $165.00
A Pale Yellow Window Box, this is a Vintage Window with Vintage Shutters Priced at $25.00
Just a little closer to show you the color. Measures 11 3/4 in Depth, 28 inches in Height and 36 inches in Width
    
A Nice Pale Green with the same measurements! Also priced at $25.00!!
These have so many uses...drainage hole if you want to plant or put potted flowers in them.
 The Planter Boxes are a Great Storage Solution as well.

Tell me what you think!   One more thing I would love to have input on.....I am thinking of going back to the Antique Mall and having a Booth again.  I miss seeing all of you and offering Merchandise to you.

I really want feedback....let me know!!!

Remember...you don't have to break the bank to have a Warm and Welcoming Home!  I can help!!

Stay in Touch!!

K

6 comments:

Cottage and Cabin said...

Hi Kay! You know I love this...it is just the style I love, love!! Great Job!
And, I just asked about you at Old South the other day-miss seeing you around. Probably a good idea to get a booth again:) Debbie

Jennifer said...

Oh my sweet niblets! I have my grandparents original front door that was taken down last year. When I say original I mean, the very first door ever put on their home. I've been struggling with what to do with it, and low and behold I think you've just solved my problem!!! Hope you don't mind if I steal the idea and run with it!!

Kay Gilbert said...

Thanks Debbie....I am really giving it some heavy thought.

Jennifer I am happy we could help. If you ever to need to run an idea by me, please do. I love projects. If you need advice on materials...just let me know.

Kay

notconcerned said...

Jennifer that comment really made my day. I am the husband. We have built several of these. If you look back in the archives you will find them probably from a couple of years ago. Another version has a lower, deeper shelf that can be used as a writing desk or secretary, as my wife calls it. Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous said...

I bought some things from you at the antique mall and would love to see you back there. Marsha Wyatt, Marianna Fl

Terry said...

You're such an artist! And this is a great way to recycle old furniture. I love recycling, but it never occurred to me that an old door and window can be reuse again for decorations. I just hope I read this first because my house renovation was finished last month and there's lots of old window frames in the basement. But my brother used them again for his barn. Anyway, I'm looking forward to see more and hope to learn from it. =)

Terry Arnold