Saturday, December 26, 2009

Don't forget your Front Door!!!

Looking ahead to a bright and Wonderful New Year!  But I  wanted to say hello and give you a few decorating hints and maybe even share a few of my favorite things.



One of the most forgotten areas of our homes is the Front Door and Foyer.   The front door (along with the yard) is the first thing anyone will see.  You want to draw them in, make them want to see more.  The Front Door should be a piece of "Eye Candy"......just a taste of what's to come.  Then, the Foyer is the hor d'oeuvres of  your Home. Make sure it flows.  My Motto.... Furnish, Accessorize and Finish!!

The Calm Color Palette teamed with the Beautiful Furnishings and accessories make this a wonderful Peek into what is to come.







Now, just a few of My Favorite Things!

Purple is my Favorite Color, so I absolutely love the Johnson Brothers Transfer Ware Platter. (c.1890's) Beautiful Vibrant Colors that seem to introduce all my Botanical Pieces. I have many, but this is a sampling of how I use just a few.  Teamed with Luscious Silk Drapery, it makes me feel enveloped in Warmth.  The upper plates are also Vintage Mason Transfer Ware.









A Few more Botanical  Pieces and Scenery Paintings. I love to mix and match...Old and New....Colors and Frames.







........I Cover all My Spaces.  In My Home, My World, I Surround Myself with What I Find Beautiful .










The Pink Rose Ornament was My Grandmothers and has Graced My Christmas Tree Every Year of  My Childrens Lives (we just celebrated the 30th). Along with the Vintage Sugared Fruit, New and Old Ornaments and Handmade Pieces from Children and Grand Children A Like.








Santa Always Perches Near the Front, he actually belongs to My Youngest, Mitchell.   One day he will go to Mitchell's home and Perch on his Tree, for his Children to enjoy.









I Love my Children, I love My Family....But my Most Favorite Thing is the Relationship, the Love I have with my Two Grand Daughters!  Alysa and Shyanne!!  Love, Love, Love these girls!!







Happy New Year Everyone.........K

No comments: