Saturday, May 15, 2010

Art....I Love to Use the Everyday Ordinary Things

Art is always so personal, so self explanatory in many ways.  My Art???   My Art is the Everyday Ordinary Stuff.  I think this World is Beautiful, so I use all the Beauty that Surrounds Me!!

We have a pear tree, I am always amazed when those first babies appear.  The lushness of the green leaves.  The clean smell.  So why not just bring all of that beauty inside?
I love the foliage and the tiny pears as a center piece.  Use what you have....

I love the contrast of the Blue and White on the Rusty Red with the lush Greens.

Try going out into your yard and just picking some of the new growth, bring it inside and ENJOY!!!!


Aren't these the sweetest little things?

We all know I like to re-purpose things.  So when this wine holder came home from a yard sale with me I decided it made the perfect place for florals to perch.  I just put a few of my favorite glasses inside in whatever color strikes me.

This is just one of the things that makes me happy!


I have a New Customer, Jana.  We made her one of our Vintage window Potting tables this weekend for her to use in her bathroom.  We made the piece a little larger than most and gave her plenty of storage.  Thanks so much Jana...please send me photos when you finish so that I can share them with all of the folks out in Blog Land.

The piece measures 56 inches in over all height, 39 inches wide and 25 inches deep.  I have taken a few photos with accessories so everyone can actually tell Just How Large It Really Is!!!!


The Dough Bowl was my Great Grandmothers, it is dwarfed on this piece.  I even added a covered Pedestal Cake Plate and they are not even close to touching.

We added the top shelf with plenty of width so a variety of things can snuggle together.

The second shelf I displayed 3 of my Grandmothers Depression Glass Bowls and again...no touching!

The Bottom Shelf has a Vintage Flo Blue Platter...Standing and in no fear of being crowded.

Another shot just to show you the width of the boards.


The Second and Third Shelves....


Thomas just slightly tapered the legs...I think so much could be done with this piece in any room.

Need One??  What color??  What size?? We love to do projects just for you.

Please leave me comments on the Blog...I Love your Feedback!!!  And become a follower...Pretty Please!!!


Another couple of projects went to my friend  Donna this week  (she does Fabulous Signs)  Go and visit her, she has great projects, ideas and of course Signs!!
http://tinglelaneprimitives.blogspot.com

Donna is getting ready for lots and lots of Summer company, so she is redecorating!  What??  Isn't that normal??  It certainly is for me .  One of her first projects is New Hardwood Floors.  I am very excited for her.  Which means lots of stuff has to be moved and moved again and maybe again until it finds its proper home.  Then an Americana Room.  Did I mention Donna Loves Primitives?  Oh, and STARS!!  A few weeks back I was strolling around a local Antique Mall and they were having SALE!!  I spotted a star that she would love, so I called and sure enough she had seen this star and she needed it...Need is not too strong of a word.   Anyway, this would help her to complete her Americana Room.  She already has a wonderful Antique Bed, Great Shaker Chair...a Beautiful Gentleman's Chest and Now a Star.  But something was missing.  A bench for the end of the bed.  It needed to be a slim bench, but rough and a little beat up...not expensive, we are frugal shoppers.  She had seen the bench we made for Luca several weeks back and my sweet husband will do just about anything for Donna so....a skinny, primitive, beat up bench.  Armed with Barn Red Paint and the before mentioned bench I set off for Donna's house on Friday.  She is a very crafty person so she is painting and finishing the bench herself.  This is a before...she will provide us all with a finished product.  In fact I am going to insist that we have an after of the entire room.  Honestly, I am itching to get my hands on the room.  I love to accessorize.  Hint...Hint Donna??  Are you there???

Just 2 boards wide....Can't wait to see what it will become. 

The supports give it a little more rustic look.

 
Rough and Tumble..this will become a master piece in her hands.

Also, Donna needed a little extra serving space in her Kitchen.  We had made a 2 tiered Primitive Table a while back in a Vanilla Distressed Finish and she thought a similar piece would be a perfect fit for her kitchen.  Tuck it under the bar when not in service or move it to the deck for double duty. It needed to be no more than 34 inches tall.  Slender but sturdy. 

This is solid oak...very heavy.  Again she will finish just perfectly to seamlessly fit into her Primitive Decor.  Can't wait to see what kind of life it takes on....

Thomas tapered the legs and planed the top so she would have a smooth serving area.


Hurry Donna...we need to see all your projects finished!!

I have a few projects in the works.  And, a couple of clients with 2 completely different tastes.

A Shabby Chic house with tons of French Influence in all the colors of the Ocean and Sand.  I will take photos as we progess.

Also a Glorious Old Bungalow ready for some European Flare.  We are going to layer warmth and comfort with a Long Farm Table and lots of different seating in the Dining Room and Fill the Kitchen with Copper and Pasta Bowls.  The Den will be an extension of the Dining room and Kitchen .  All the colors of the Provence.  When we finish a dinner party will be in order!!  I will share those photos as we go as well.

I am excited for my two friends as they start Fresh...and I love a New Beginning.  So stay tuned so you don't miss anything.

Well I guess I need to sign off and spend some time with my Wonderful Hubby!!  I will leave you with a photo of my Baby Boy....love him to pieces and loved having both my boys home for Mother's Day!!
 
Remember I am only a phone call away.  Need some help?  A little guidance?   Can't wait to hear from all of  you out there!!




Take Care and Please enjoy all the Natural Art Around You!!!

K

No comments: