Monday, May 24, 2010

I went on A Great Junkin Adventure Over The Weekend!!

Thomas and I had a very busy day on Friday and it was really warm...but we went to a couple of Estate Sales in Dothan (I was working)..met a client and shopped and left a bid on the Cutest 1930's Writing Desk and Chair!!  We Won so Thomas loaded it up, I noticed a lovely Hand Made Green Writing Desk with a drawer was still in one of the back rooms so I called my friend Donna of Tingle Lane Primitives (http://tinglelaneprimitives.blogspot.com/) She had admired it earlier in the day so we placed a bid for her and YAY!!  It was our day, she now has it proudly displayed in her living room as a sofa table.  Go and check it out on her site...sweet, sweet piece.

I went to my clients and dropped off all the goodies and went on to another clients to choose paint colors.  By the time we reached our house I was so tired from the heat but still excited about the day of real junkin ahead!!  We showered and packed a bag and headed out in the truck to see what we might find.

My Son and his girlfriend met us our first stop, a Country Flea Market not too far from Atlanta...Acres of Stuff.  You just have to dig and walk....I love it!!!

This is one of the views....just stuff, Furniture, Art, House hold items and even Animals.

As you can see, it goes on and on.....






And on some more....not sure if you can get the full effect.  No pretty booths....no planned areas, to speak of...just stuff!!

Nancy is our son Mitchell's Girlfriend, She is a city Girl. Never, ever has she been to a Flea Market and most definitely had never seen a Turkey!! But here recorded for all time is Nancy and a very Large Turkey!!

Doesn't she look the part?  The Braids, the Hat....Now the purse not so much!!!


I found treasures, I am not even really sure what all I have.
Love this Small Trunk....Baby size!
Wonderful Old Crate
Nice old Chests
The Coffee Table has Glass and Chair has sweet Mule legs.....That is a 9 x 12 rug folded. A couple of pedestals to build tables with.

The Cutest little Child's Bench, and very heavy...solid!

Cushions for upholstery,  A Great Rattan Basket, A Pair of Nice  Prints and some Lamps..

Also some nice Platters, Early Transfer ware and Mason Transfer ware plates.  Even a couple of Botanical Prints. The Box is actually a shelf, Just wait until you see it. A few Nice old Wooden Boxes.
Even a couple of Lucite cubes that stack...make great display pieces!




I am a veteran Junker...but it was hot and by the time Sunday evening came I was ready to be home.  At one point we missed the kids and went looking.  We found them..... I can outlast the young ones!  Makes me proud to know that all my yard sale training led up to this....I was born to JUNK!!


Let me leave you with this piece....I can't wait to find its true potential!

I will sort through all of this, clean it up and see just what we can do with it!!  Don't forget to come back....you don't want to miss this, I have Big Plans!!

Try to Stay Cool Everyone And Stay in Touch!!

I am just a phone call, email or text away!!!

See you soon..
K

No comments: